Suffolk County Council held a Pow Wow on Saturday, November 4, 1995, at the Sagamore
Junior High School in Holbrook, NY. The Ceremonies Section was run by Bill Dunn firstname.lastname@example.org and Jim "Mac" McGinnis.
Bill is Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner for the Nathaniel Woodhull District and Mac has
been working on Roundtable Staff for many years.
Bill had scoured the Internet (especially the Scouts-L library, maintained by Jon
Eidson, and the Scouting library at America OnLine, maintained by Pat
Skelly). Mac and Bill compiled more than 100 pages of ceremonies, but the Pow Wow
Staff only published a few of the ceremonies (to cut down on cost). Disheartened but determined
to put the ceremonies in the hands of Pack leaders, Mac & Bill distributed a diskette containing all
the ceremonies at the Pow Wow.
Well, the diskette was a huge success! The contents of the Pow Wow Ceremonies Section
have been converted to HTML to allow wider distribution. Keep in mind that these ceremonies
come from a wide variety of sources. Attribution, where known, is provided. We hope that you
can come away with one or two new ceremonies to liven up your Pack nights!
- Dance of Akela
- Bobcat Ceremony
- Wolf Ceremony
- Bear Ceremony
- Activity Pins
- Arrow of Light
- Arrow of Light (Another Style)
- Akela vs. Mr. Drug Abuse
- Jungle Book Ceremony for Awarding the Bobcat Badge
- Jungle Book Ceremony for Awarding the Wolf Badge
- Jungle Book Ceremony for Crossing into Boy Scouts
- Jungle Book Invocation for Meetings of Adult Leaders
- Cub Scout Advancement, Native American Theme
- Bobcat Ceremony, Trail to the Arrow of Light
- Wolf Ceremony, Animal Spirits
- Bear Ceremony, Why the Chipmunk has Black Stripes
- Bear Advancement, Unknown Scouts
- Bobcat, Wolf, Bear, Webelos Advancement Ceremony - Akela's Test
- Webelos Ceremony, When Mt. St. Helens Walked the Earth
- The Light of Christmas, a Christmas Ceremony for Advancement
- Crossover Ceremony
- Arrow of Light Ceremony
- Flag Burning Ceremony
- Flag Burning Ceremony (Another Style)
Snail Mail: Bill Dunn, 4 Groton Drive, Terryville, NY 11776
Return to Pack 339 Home Page
Copyright © 1995, Bill Dunn & Waterford Business Systems.
All Rights Reserved.
Revised -- February 25, 1996